On Saturday, November 2, 2019, Virginia’s best distillers return to compete in the second annual Virginia Bourbon Invitational, honoring Virginia’s legacy as the birthplace of bourbon. The celebration of the time-honored American spirit will take place on the great lawn of the prohibition-era Cavalier Hotel in Virginia Beach starting at noon for VIP (The Connoisseur) ticket holders, 1 p.m. for General Admission (The Cavalier) and Non-Taster (Conservateur) ticket holders, and ending at 5 p.m. Tickets are on sale now.
Hosted by the Cavalier Hotel’s Tarnished Truth Distilling Co., the second Virginia Bourbon Invitational follows the overwhelming success of the debut event last year, and will feature around 15 distilleries from Virginia. Invitational attendees will enjoy unlimited tastings from the region’s finest bourbons and artisianal spirits along with access to renowned Emerson’s Cigar bar. The event will also feature a great selection of culinary offerings from Virginia Beach’s best eateries along with live entertainment. Attendees, along with this year’s panel of esteemed judges, will choose their favorite bourbons from the diverse range of entries from new competitors as well as returning distillers including last year’s winners: Tarnished Truth Distilling Co., Jos. A. Magnus and KO Distilling.
Virginia Bourbon Invitational attendees can choose from three admission levels:
· General Admission | The Cavalier, offered at $125 per person: Event entry at 1:00pm, unlimited bourbon and artisianal spirits tastings, small plates from six local restaurants, live entertainment and cigar bar access.
· VIP | The Connoisseur, offered at $195 per person: Early event entry at 12:00 noon featuring exclusive high-end tastings, unlimited bourbon and artisianal spirits tastings, small plates from six local restaurants, live entertainment, cigar bar access, swag bag filled with hats, glasses, T-shirts and more from participating distilleries.
· Non-Taster | The Conservateur, offered at $60 per person: Event entry at 1:00pm, small plates from six local restaurants, live entertainment and cigar bar access
VIRGINIA BOURBON INVITATIONAL EVENT DETAILS:
Must be 21 years or older to attend.
· Date: Saturday November 2, 2019
· Time: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., VIP ticket holders 12 noon arrivals. Last call at 4 p.m.
· Location: Cavalier Hotel, 4200 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
· Ticket Price: General Admission | The Cavalier: $125, VIP | The Connoisseur: $195, Non-Taster | The Conservateur: $60
Tarnished Truth Distilling Co. and the Cavalier Hotel will also host exclusive events throughout the weekend for invitational attendees, including specialty dinners, cocktail hours and a Distiller’s Sunday Brunch. For more information and to purchase tickets go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/834912183558767/
A Bourbon Invitational Hotel Package for event attendees that want to expand their bourbon experience at the Cavalier Hotel.
The Cavalier Hotel & Bourbon Package includes:
· Two night stay at the historic Cavalier Hotel
· Two VIP tickets to the Virginia Bourbon Invitational
· Two commemorative event t-shirts
· Admission to Friday reception dinner
· Admission to Saturday pig roast
· Two vouchers for Sunday brunch at Becca
More information on the Bourbon Invitational Package can be found here.
Ticket Giveaway: Win 2 tickets by following on Instagram and Facebook @TarnishedTruth for more details on how to enter to win. #sipresponsibly