Richmond, Virginia-based Reservoir Distillery announced that it will begin distributing its craft spirits in Kentucky. Heritage Wine and Spirits will oversee distribution in Kentucky, effective immediately. Georgia Crown will oversee distribution in Georgia beginning April 1, 2021.
Both states will carry Reservoir’s award-winning, core five products including:
- Reservoir’s 100% Wheat Whiskey
- Reservoir’s 100% Corn Bourbon
- Reservoir’s 100% Rye Whiskey
- Reservoir’s Hunter & Scott Bourbon
- Reservoir’s Hunter & Scott Rye Whiskey
“This is a milestone moment for Reservoir,” says Dave Scheurich, Master Distiller for Boondocks Brands and retired general Manager and distillery Manager for The Woodford Reserve Distillery. “Their Virginia grain-to-glass products are distinctively unique from most traditional Kentucky whiskies. I think bourbon enthusiasts throughout the state will be excited to discover something new.”
Reservoir’s People and Process:
- The distillery was founded by childhood friends, Dave Cuttino and Jay Carpenter.
- Reservoir employs three women in leadership roles, including its Head Distiller, Mary Allison, Director of Distillery Education, Shelley Sackier and Director of Communications, Leslie Griles.
- Reservoir’s spirits are never sourced – provenance is a top priority.
- The distillery uses only open-top fermentation that takes from 6-11 days.
- Reservoir uses pot still distillation for a hand-on approach.
“On the heels of a successful launch in Tennessee last year, we couldn’t be more excited about our continued growth,” says Dave Cuttino, co-founder of Reservoir Distillery. “Our distribution partners have welcomed us, and we look forward to shaking things up with our Virginia whiskey in the great states of Kentucky and Georgia.”