Colorado-based Distillery 291, and web-based alcohol distributor, LibDib, announced that LibDib has been awarded distribution in 291’s home state of Colorado. Starting today, Colorado restaurants, bars and retailers will be able to purchase 291 Colorado Whiskey via LibDib’s website or mobile app or through their local 291 representative.
“We’ve built a very successful partnership with LibDib throughout the U.S. and we’re committed to maintaining our customer service while providing LibDib’s cutting-edge digital platform to our home state,” said Philip Rawleigh, vice president, business development for 291 Colorado Whiskey.
291 Colorado Whiskey has chosen LibDib as their Colorado distributor after 10 years of robust self-distribution in their home market. Over the past 3 years, 291 Colorado Whiskey has been distributed in California, New York, Florida, Illinois, and Wisconsin via LibDib’s innovative B2B distribution platform. 291 Colorado Whiskey is also distributed in Texas and Kentucky through LibDib’s strategic partner, Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC). 291 will maintain their growing team of sales reps to foster account relationships, utilizing the LibDib platform to place orders and share information with buyers.
“291 has been an incredible partner and we are thrilled to expand our distribution relationship into another key state—especially since Colorado is their home market,” said Rob Foss, vice president of revenue at LibDib. “Their award-winning whiskey is a favorite amongst our buyers because of its incredible quality.”
291 Colorado Whiskey has earned an abundance of national and international awards including the World’s Best Rye (2018), World’s Best Wheat (2021) and 8 additional American whiskey awards in the last 5 years from the World Whiskies Awards, as well as 9 Liquid Golds from Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible, multiple Double-Gold medals in the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, plus nods from IWSC and Spirits Business Journal, to name a few. 291 Colorado Whiskey embodies traditions of the past married with the boldness of the future.
LibDib will distribute the following Distillery 291 products in Colorado:
- 291 Barrel Proof Single Barrel Colorado Whiskey – A single barrel, rye whiskey distilled in a copper pot still, aged in American white oak deep char barrels and finished with toasted Aspen staves. “Liquid Gold” – Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible.
- 291 Barrel Proof Single Barrel Colorado Bourbon Whiskey – Bourbon whiskey distilled from a bourbon mash in a copper pot still, aged in American white oak deep char barrels and finished with toasted Aspen staves. “Liquid Gold” – Jim Murray’s Whiskey Bible.
- 291 Colorado Small Batch Rye Whiskey – Made from rye malt, sour mash, distilled in a copper pot still, aged in American White Oak deep char barrels and finished with toasted Aspen Staves. World’s Best Rye (2018) World Whiskies Awards, San Francisco World Spirits Competition Double Gold winner. American Whiskey Master Award (2019).
- 291 Colorado Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey – Distilled from a bourbon sour mash, distilled in a copper pot still, aged in American white oak deep char barrels and finished with toasted Aspen Staves. San Francisco World Spirits Competition Double Gold winner. American Whiskey Master Award (2019).
- 291 American Whiskey – A pre-prohibition style whiskey distilled in a copper pot still. Short-aged in used bourbon American white oak barrels for at least 7 months. Short aging brings fruit-forward, while the copper still provides a fresh cut leather finish.
- 291 White Dog Colorado Rye Whiskey – A small-batch, white whiskey distilled in a copper pot still and aged for a moment in a charred, American white oak barrel – allowing the essence of the grains to be enjoyed and recognized. Best American New Make, 2020 World Whiskies Awards.
- 291 Fresh Colorado Whiskey – A small-batch, unaged whiskey developed as an American clear spirit for mixology, it has a distinct flavor for enhancing the traditional cocktail. Crafted to replace vodka, rum or tequila. Best American New Make, 2021 World Whiskies Awards
- THE DECC Liqueur – A fruity, spiced liqueur, derived from their very own 291 Fresh whiskey, citrus and clove, and inspired by Colorado’s crisp weather.
- 291 Colorado Special Release Whiskeys – Includes 291’s special releases like Bad Guy Bourbon, HR (High Rye) Bourbon, E Colorado Whiskey, M Colorado Whiskey, Straight Rye Whiskey, and Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
To Purchase on LibDib
LibDib is available to any licensed Buyer in 6 states (CA, NY, CO, FL, IL and WI). It’s free to sign up and Buyers can do so either online or via the LibDib Mobile iOS app. More Buyer information can be found at Libdib.com/buyers.