Seattle-based Copperworks Distilling Co. announced the release of its American Single Malt Whiskey 041, crafted from nine casks of whiskey.
“Release 041 is unlike any whiskey we’ve ever made,” said Jason Parker, co-owner and president of Copperworks Distilling Co. in a press release. “Our latest ‘cask of characters’ is our most involved blend to date and the one that best illustrates our pledge to always put flavor at the front and center of our production process.”
Other Copperworks releases have been created by combining different cask types, barley varietals, and maturation times, but Release 041 was made utilizing all three of these options along with the distillery’s broadest array of whiskeys yet, including:
- Four casks were distilled from pale malt and matured in new American oak for 46 months.
- One cask was distilled from pale malt and matured in new American oak for 41 months.
- One cask was distilled from Baronesse barley and matured in new American oak for 37 months.
- Two casks distilled using the “Queen’s Run” method matured in new American oak for 40 months.
- One cask distilled from pale malt matured in an Oloroso sherry cask for 79 months.
“We crafted this release for one reason,” said Jeff Kanof, co-owner and vice president of Copperworks Distilling Co. “because we believe it tastes great!”
Aromas of ripe cantaloupe, tobacco, glazed ham, and banana custard lead to flavors of fig jam, dark cherry, and a back-note of Worcestershire sauce.
Finishes with lots of tropical fruit, including pineapple, mango, and papaya.
1,743 bottles (750ml) produced; 50% ABV
$59.89 (not including taxes or shipping)
To Purchase*: https://store.copperworksdistilling.com/products/copperworks-american-single-malt-whiskey-release-041-750ml
*American Single Malt Whiskey 041 is available online beginning Monday, February 21, 2022 and in the Copperworks tasting room beginning Friday, February 25, 2022.
Tasting room address: 1250 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101