Widow Jane Distillery of Brooklyn, New York, announces that two of its most popular limited release bourbons, Decadence and Lucky Thirteen, are scheduled to line shelves this fall.
Decadence is Widow Jane’s signature bourbon blended in small batches and then finished in the brand’s American oak barrels that held Upstate New York’s Crown Maple artisan maple syrup. The maple syrup barrel finish delivers a rich, creamy-smooth and slightly sweet mouthful of whiskey that includes a faint maple note.
Decadence debuted in spring 2020, with a second run launched in October of that year and limited runs each year since. Every batch has sold out in a matter of days, suggesting that retailers anticipated the product’s popularity with consumers for winter warming cocktails like toddies and Old Fashioned riffs, and even served neat or on a rock.
By the numbers: Widow Jane Decadence is bottled at 45.5% ABV (91 proof); SRP $99.99.
- Nose: Sugared pecans, maple, birch beer, charred oak
- Palate: Vanilla, burnt sugar, cinnamon, bark
- Finish: Brown sugar, shortbread, mellow tobacco, old whiskey; delivers a slightly sweet, creamy-rich mouthfeel and lingering finish
LUCKY THIRTEEN is aged a very unique 13 years in American oak barrels which are hand-picked, artfully blended and proofed with limestone-rich water from the legendary Rosendale Mines of New York. Initially released as a private-single-barrel program at a variety of proofs, LUCKY THIRTEEN is now available exclusively at 93 proof (46.5% ABV) in hyper small batches, little more than a handful of barrels at a time, making this bourbon addition a unique expression of Widow Jane’s signature intense, complex profile.
By the numbers: Widow Jane LUCKY THIRTEEN is bottled at 46.5% ABV (91 proof); SRP $124.99.
- Nose: Vanilla bean, Earl Grey tea, caramel, sweet tobacco
- Palate: Pecan pie, whole grain toast, grapefruit peel
- Finish: Nutmeg, birch beer, dry oak tannin