In 2019, the award-winning distillery introduced its First Cut Membership program, which gave a select number of members an exclusive bottling of Copperworks American Single Malt Whiskey and early access to all special releases throughout the year.
“We’ve sold out of our memberships every year,” said Jason Parker, Copperworks Distilling co-founder, co-owner, and president. “While we’re proud of that fact, we’ve been asking ourselves how can we make this program available to more people while adding even more value for our First Cut members. We’ve found our answer!”
COPPERWORKS FIRST CUT MEMBERSHIP
Here’s what’s new:
– Membership will be available year-round!
– First Cut members can purchase a subscription anytime, and it will be valid for a full year from the date of purchase (instead of only being valid from January 1 to December 31).
Members receive these extra perks during their First Cut subscription:
– 50% discount on spirits tasting flights for the First Cut member and 3 guests when they are visiting the tasting rooms on the Seattle Waterfront or in Kenmore, WA.
– Opportunity to have their bottles signed by Copperworks co-owners and Head Distiller.
– Advance notice and priority access to a virtual tasting event for each special release.
– Priority access to bottling parties at Copperworks’ Seattle waterfront distillery.
Here’s what’s staying the same:
– With a First Cut membership, members will receive an exclusive bottling of Copperworks American Single Malt Whiskey that won’t be available anywhere else.
– Early access to all special, limited-edition releases* for one year.
*Special releases are defined as having fewer than 800 bottles.
Note: Copperworks ships to most states where laws allow. Please see the details here.
“We wanted to retain the same amazing membership perks as our original program, such as the exclusive early access to our new releases,” said Jeff Kanof, Copperworks Distilling Co. Co-Owner and Vice President. “At the same time, we wanted to add some additional perks to the program, including priority access to bottling parties and virtual tasting events, to truly enhance the experience for all our members.”
First Cut Exclusive Bottling: Single Cask No. 448
With a subscription to First Cut, members will receive an exclusive bottling of Copperworks American Single Malt Whiskey. Single Cask No. 448 was crafted from three varieties of barley: Fritz Vienna, Fritz Pale, and Genie Pale. The whiskey matured in a new American Oak cask from Kelvin Cooperage, char #2, for just over three years. Bottled at cask strength, 59.75% ABV (119.5 Proof). Only two casks exist of this experimental 3-Malt recipe!
With a deep burnt orange color, Single Cask No. 448 jumps out of the glass with scents of mango, cherry syrup, cookie dough, and orange sorbet. This whiskey is sweet on the palate with flavors of cherry cobbler, cream soda, sweet cinnamon, eucalyptus, and sweet oak. The sweet oak carries through the finish and is joined by Amarena cherry, butter mints, baking spice, and vanilla.
The First Cut Membership costs $135 for one year. Additional information about the program can be found at: https://copperworksdistilling.com/first-cut-faq.
To purchase a Copperworks First Cut Membership, please visit:
COPPERWORKS GIFT GUIDE
The First Cut Membership is featured in Copperworks Distilling Co.’s Holiday Gift Guide.
A sample of additional Copperworks’ Gift Guide offerings include:
Copperworks’ award-winning spirits and limited-edition special releases.
A gift to its new and enhanced First Cut Membership program.
Whiskey blending workshops.
Area artisan offerings (some are crafted using Copperworks’ ingredients.)