Detroit City Distillery (DCD) is taking its coveted annual release of Honey Bourbon to new heights this year, doubling production, expanding distribution statewide and adding a new ready-to-serve Honey Old Fashioned to its lineup.
The official launch kicks off with online sales at detroitcitydistillery.com starts at 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 10. A launch party begins that day at 4 p.m. at the distillery’s Tasting Room in Eastern Market for in-person sales and online purchase pick-ups along with many honey-themed treats and gifts provided by Bees in the D, a non-profit focused on honeybee conservancy and education.
Honey Bourbon and Honey Old Fashioned will be available statewide on shelves the week of Nov. 20, just in time for Thanksgiving.
Demand Fuels Expansion
Honey Bourbon launched in 2019 as an experimental limited-edition single barrel of bourbon. Since then, sales have grown twenty-fold. Due to overwhelming demand from fans across Michigan, the distillery is doubling production this year for statewide distribution to grocers, liquor stores, bars, and restaurants throughout Michigan.
New Ready-to-Serve Cocktail: Honey Old-Fashioned
For the first time, Detroit City Distillery is putting a ready-to-serve cocktail into distribution with its new Honey Old Fashioned. The new product is based on the distillery’s best-selling cocktail, and features Honey Bourbon, raw Michigan honey and house-made bitters.
“This fine bourbon features the truest taste of Detroit you can get,” said Michael Forsyth, co-owner of Detroit City Distillery. We combine the award-winning bourbon we make in Eastern Market with honey made by thousands of honeybees using flower nectar from all over the city. This year we’re launching our first ready-to-serve cocktail in distribution, the Honey Old Fashioned, so more fans can enjoy this product in more ways.”
New Honey Bourbon Gifts to Sweeten the Season
This year, DCD is upping the ante with additional gift ideas for Honey Bourbon aficionados:
- Detroit City Distillery Honey Bourbon – ($60 per bottle) – The bourbon is finished with raw honey from Bees in the D rooftop beehives on top of DCD’s Whiskey Factory.
- Detroit City Distillery Honey Old Fashioned – ($25 per bottle) – This 375ml ready-to-serve cocktail features Honey Bourbon, raw Michigan honey, and house-made aromatic and orange bitters. Each bottle makes five cocktails. Just pour over ice and enjoy.
- Bees in the D Bourbon Barrel-Aged Honey: Crafted from honey harvested atop DCD’s Whiskey Factory rooftop and aged in bourbon barrels, this delectable addition is priced at $50 per bottle. 100 percent of sales support the non-profit Bees in the D.
All three options, along with various honey-themed gifts to support fundraising for Bees in the D, will be available online starting at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 10, 2023, and can be picked up in person beginning at 4 p.m. during the Honey Bourbon Launch Party.
The labels on these exquisite bottles are more than just packaging; they’re authentically-Detroit works of art, making them the perfect holiday gift.
Join the Party at the Honey Bourbon Launch
- Honey Bourbon Launch Party at Detroit City Distillery Tasting Room
- Date: Friday, November 10, 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Location: 2462 Riopelle Street in Eastern Market, Detroit City Distillery Tasting Room.
- Admission: Free, with limited capacity.
- Indulge in a Honey Bourbon-themed event featuring cocktails and treats that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, explore a trove of merchandise from Detroit City Distillery and Bees in the D. Find more details @detroitcitydistillery on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.